Thursday 1 January 2015

Steps to create new responsibility in Oracle apps R12.

To create new responsibility on your instance navigate to System Administrator responsibility.

Navigation to responsibility creation screen is as follows :-
System Administrator responsibility --> Security -->Responsibility --> Define.




























Enter all the mandatory fields on the form.

Responsibility Name :- Name of the new responsibility.
Application :- Name of the application to which responsibility belong i.e. Payables, Receivables etc.

In Data Group section Enter the value for the following fields :-

Name :- Name of the Data Group it should be STANDARD.
Application :- Enter name of the application.

What is Data Group ?

A data group is a list of Oracle Applications and the Oracle username assigned to each application. Each application in a data group must have a Oracle username assigned to it. An application may be listed only once in a data group.

In Request Group section enter the following fields :-

Name :-  Enter name of the request group which you want to attach with the responsibility you are creating.Request group is a collection of reports and concurrent programs.

Application :- Enter name of the application to which the request group belongs.

Select Menu you want to attach with the responsibility you are creating.Menu is a collection of Sub-menus and functions.

Under Menu Exclusion tab select Function,Menu name that you want to exclude from the responsibility.



























Your new responsibility is created successfully now you can assign this responsibility to users.
In my previous post I mentioned that how you can assign responsibility to users.




























3 comments :

  1. hi IS there anyway to create a duplicate responsibity as a copy from exisiting resposibility with all the profile options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot thank Mr Benjamin service enough and letting people know how grateful I am for all the assistance that you and your team staff have provided and I look forward to recommending friends and family should they need financial advice or assistance @ 1,9% Rate for Business Loan .Via Contact : .  247officedept@gmail.com. WhatsApp...+ 19893943740. Keep up the great work.
    Thanks, Busarakham.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was applying for a loan to purchase my building as a small business owner in a tough situation, conventional banks said they could not help me. Mr Pedro, a loan officer, sat down with me, heard my situation and decided that I was worth taking a chance on. Here we are 3 years later and I have just renewed my loan for another 7 years. I couldn’t have purchased my building without the help of Mr Pedro and will be forever indebted to them for giving me a chance when no one else would."
    I will recommend you to contact a loan officer Mr Pedro on the information below if you need any financial assistance.
    Email & Chat: +1 863 231 0632 pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete